Group Results Strengthen National Yearling Sale
Monday, February 11, 2019
As we move into the final days before NZB’s inaugural National Yearling Sale, we have highlighted yearlings who have received timely pedigree updates since the catalogue went to print back in late 2018.
- Group One 2018 Inter Dominion and 2019 Hunter Cup winner Tiger Tara has to get top ranking, but blink and you will miss it because his three lots in Christchurch from the Late Ray Anicich’s ‘Tara’ family sell concurrently at , and .
- On the other side of Australia the Tim Butt-trained My Field Marshal took out the rich WA Fremantle Cup. His breeder Syd Brown will offer , by Bettor’s Delight, at the Christchurch Sale followed by who is from the same family.
- Current Group One winner Yayas Hot Stuff claimed the Newcastle Mile and his half-brother by American Ideal () will be offered on account of Rosslands Stud.
- Dancingonmoonlight will present a Terror To Love colt at who is from a full sister to Group One WA Gold Nugget and WA 4YO Championship winner Anna Malak.
- The 2019 WA Pacing Cup placegetters El Jacko and Maczaffair both have half-sisters in the Auckland Sale, and respectively.
- also received an update when the colt’s half-sister Lenola Stride produced Enchanted Stride to place in the Breeders’ Crown 2YO Fillies Final.
- Lindsay and Pam Turner had Tiger Swift placed in the Group One Queen of Hearts at Auckland. They will offer , and from the same family. Lot 114 is a half-sister to Tiger Swift while Rosedale Farms have consigned , a Sweet Lou colt, from a daughter of Tigerish.
- catalogued in the Auckland Sale is a full sister to Buzinga who placed in the N.Z. Sires’ Stakes 3YO Fillies Final while in the trotting session at Christchurch is from a half-sister to the NZ Trotting FFA placegetter Le Lievre’s Gift.
- Australian-based Cheesy Fingers took out the 2019 NSW Raith Memorial providing pedigree updates to and .
- Breckon Farms will offer who is a full brother to this year’s Vic Casey Classic winner Star Galleria.
- On this side of the Tasman, Cambridge Futurity Classic winner Jack’s Legend has a half-brother by Art Major at .
Group Three and Listed
- The Whitelock’s will offer through the draft of Breckon Farms who is a half-brother to dual Group Three winner Funatthebeach, with victories in the Central Otago and Invercargill Cup’s.
- In Australia, the Steven Reid-trained Utmost Delight claimed the 2019 Pure Steel and is related to catalogued in the Auckland Sale.
- is a half-brother to Vampiro, winner of the WA James Brennan Memorial, while is a half-brother to Aldebaran Willo, winner of the Central Victorian Trotters’ Championship.
- Woodlands Stud’s and are both related to Aged Pace winner Henry Hubert while is a half-brother to NZ Sires Stakes 3YO Silver winner Cast No Shadow.
- Five-time Group One-winning filly Elle Mac has paced an NZ Record, mile rating 1.51.6 over 1700m. She has a host of relatives in the two Sales including , , , and . Miss Streisand, from the same family, has now won seven Vic and NSW races and p.3, 1.53.
- Cole Porter, who won the NZ Sapling Stakes as a 2YO, is a half-brother to and is closely related to . Cole Porter has now won twice in America and paced 1.53.4.
As we head into the final countdown for the inaugural NZB Standardbred New Zealand National Standardbred Yearling Sale you can view the full catalogue online, and