2022 National Standardbred Weanling Sale Catalogue Online
6 April 2022
Following a dedicated weanling only format for the second year, the 2022 edition of the Sale will see 113 quality youngsters go under the hammer at the Karaka Sales Centre on Thursday 26 May, the day before Alexandra Park’s annual Auckland Cup meeting.
With the oldest just four years of age, NZB Standardbred graduates continue to dominate across Australasian tracks, claiming 17 Group One wins and 42 stakes wins in the 2020-21 season alone.
More recently, a summer of feature racing in 2022 has delivered dozens of wins by graduates of NZB Standardbred sales, with weanling graduate My Ultimate Baxter (NZ) (Sweet Lou) taking centre stage.
Sold for $16,000 as a weanling at the 2019 Auckland All Aged Sale, My Ultimate Baxter scored a recent trans-Tasman victory in the Group Two A$27,250 Simpson Memorial (1609m) at Menangle for purchasers Tumby Park. The son of Sweet Lou was bred and sold by leading New Zealand consignor, Woodlands Stud.
Renowned vendors throughout New Zealand’s Auckland region are supporting the National Standardbred Weanling Sale, with a strong contingent of 16 proven, emerging and first season sires offered. The quality line up includes heavyweights American Ideal, Art Major, Bettor’s Delight, Majestic Son and Sweet Lou.
Bursting with pinhooking and investment potential, the 2022 catalogue is littered with siblings to stakes winners and progeny of stakes-winning dams.
Some of the standout bloodlines include:
- Lot 52 is a daughter of Bettor’s Delight out of Christian Cullen mare Galleons Supreme (NZ). She is a full-sister to prolific Group One winner and 3YO Pacing Filly of the Year, Spanish Armada (NZ), as well as Group One placegetters Supreme Dominator (NZ) and Bettor Be Supreme (NZ). This filly is offered by Woodlands Stud.
- Woodlands Stud will offer a Downbytheseaside filly, Lot 70, out of Group One Harness Jewels winner Lancewood Lizzie (NZ) (Bettor’s Delight).
- Lot 76 is a colt by Art Major out of Matavutu (NZ) (New York Motoring), who in turn is a half-sister to Group One winner Russian Road (NZ) (Road Machine). This colt is a half-brother to dual Group One winner Jack Mac (NZ) (Mach Three) offered by Alabar Farms.
- Lot 89 is a colt by first season sire Captain Crunch out of Presidential Affair (NZ) (Presidential Ball). He is a half-brother to Group One WA Oaks winner Maczaffair (NZ) (Mach Three) and Group Three winner Golden State (NZ) (Big Jim).
- Lot 103, consigned by Woodlands Stud, is a Sweet Lou filly out of Readallaboutit (NZ) (Presidential Ball). She is a half-sister to Group One winner My Hard Copy (NZ) (American Ideal) and Group Tree winner My Carbon Copy (American Ideal).
All weanlings purchased at the 2022 National Weanling Sale at Karaka are eligible to be nominated for NZB Standardbred’s lucrative Harness Million Sales Race Series. The Series consists of principal two-year-old and three-year-old races for colts and geldings, fillies and trotters individually, where NZB Standardbred graduates can contest for their share in a one million dollar prizepool.
All weanlings will be available for inspections at the on-farm parades and on-site at the Karaka Sales Centre, with NZB agents available to inspect on behalf.
For international and domestic buyers wishing to physically attend the Sale, contact [email protected] for travel and accommodation enquiries.
Phone and online bidding is another welcomed option for buyers who are unable to physically attend the Sale.
View the full 2022 National Standardbred Weanling Sale catalogue online here, with physical copies arriving in mailboxes by mid-April.
For more information about the Sale contact Bloodstock Representative Cam Bray by calling +64 21 737 199 or email [email protected].