Exceptional 2024 National Yearling Sale Catalogue Online
16 November 2023
Another outstanding 393-strong catalogue has been assembled for NZB Standardbred’s 2024 National Yearling Sale held at Karaka and Canterbury Agricultural Park next summer.
The Sale will commence Sunday 18 February in Auckland and run across two days on Tuesday 20 February and Wednesday 21 February in Christchurch. The condensed three-day sale with an inspection day between Auckland and Christchurch sessions allows the incorporation of trotters and pacers across all sale days as well as allowing time for travel and inspections.
With the oldest five years of age, NZB Standardbred graduates have since claimed 54 Group One wins and 139 stakes wins.
Headlined by graduates such as Akuta (NZ), B D Joe (NZ), Coastal Babe (NZ), Don’t Stop Dreaming (NZ) Merlin (NZ),Millwood Nike (NZ), Montana D J (NZ), Rock N Roll Doo (NZ), Krug (NZ), Where’s The Gold (NZ) and more, the Sale has become an incredible source of racetrack stars.
With 126 yearlings set to go under the hammer in Auckland and a further 267 in Christchurch, the thrilling few days of inspections and selling are set to appeal to buyers and investors, both locally and internationally.
Buyers will also have the opportunity to secure top-class yearlings from blue-blooded families, with a number of siblings to Group One winners and progeny from Group One-winning dams.
- Offered on account of Breckon Farms, Lot 64 is a Captaintreacherous filly out of multiple Group One winner on both sides of the Tasman, Princess Tiffany (NZ) (Art Major).
- Breckon Farms also offer Lot 49. A filly by Tactical Landing from the Group One producing mare Love Ya Doosie (NZ) (Love You), making this filly a half to Group One winner Kyvalley Hotspur (NZ) (Muscle Hill) and 2023 Northern Trotting Derby and Harness Million winner Lovemeto (NZ) (What the Hill).
- Lot 328 is a second foal by Bettor’s Delight from the multiple Group One winner The Orange Agent (NZ) (American Ideal) on account of L. Smith.
- Offered on account of Alabar Farms, Lot 105 is by Captain Crunch colt out of Bettors Delight mare Albuquerque (NZ). This lot is a half-brother to multiple Group One winner and star Millwood Nike (NZ) (Captaintreacherous).
- Studholme Bloodstock will offer Lot 301, a full-brother to Group One winner Don’t Stop Dreaming (NZ) (Bettor’s Delight) from the consistent black-type family in Start Dreaming (NZ) (American Ideal).
- Offered by Shard Farm is Lot 387, a colt by Bettor’s Delight from the multiple Group One-producing mare Christian Dreamer (NZ) (Christian Cullen). This makes this colt a full brother to multiple Group One winner Amazing Dream (NZ).
NZB Standardbred Manager Cam Bray believes the catalogue could be the strongest seen in several years.
“The team have assembled one of the strongest catalogues in Australasia with some of the best and most current families in the studbook put forward by some of New Zealand's top horse people.”
“At just five years of age our graduates are flying, alongside the New Zealand-breds winning on the world stage, we couldn’t be in a stronger position.”
“The recent TAB - Entain news of the partnership with Harness Racing New Zealand and their two-year-old bonus scheme plus three new Group One races should provide domestic buyers confidence in generating good returns from their yearling purchases,” he added.
The Sale will kick off with a mega Harness Millions race meeting confirmed for Alexandra Park on Friday 16 February, with the running of the $200,000 Harness Millions 3YO Colts & Geldings Pace and the $150,000 Harness Millions 3YO Fillies Pace.
All yearlings will be available for inspection during the on-farm parades, with the North Island schedules available soon. NZB Standardbred and New Zealand-based agents and trainers will be available to inspect on behalf of prior to the Sale and on the grounds at the Karaka Sales Centre and Canterbury Agricultural Park.
Buyers wishing to purchase remotely can participate via NZB’s user-friendly online bidding platform standardbred.bidonline.nzb.co.nz, while all buyers and agents are welcome to attend the physical sale sessions in person at Karaka and Christchurch.
All unbroken yearlings purchased at the 2024 National Standardbred Yearling Sale are eligible for the lucrative $1 million Harness Million Sale Race Series for graduates.
The catalogue for Karaka and Christchurch are now available to view online at www.nzbstandardbred.co.nz, with printed copies due to arrive in mailboxes soon.
For general sale enquiries or more information, email [email protected].
2024 Auckland Sale at the Karaka Sales Complex
- Day 1: Sunday 18 February, 11am (NZT): Lots 1 – 126
2024 Christchurch Sale at Canterbury Agricultural Park
- Day 1: Tuesday 20 February, 11am (NZT): Lots 127-260
- Day 2: Wednesday 21 February, 11am (NZT): Lots 261-393