2021 National Standardbred Weanling Sale Catalogue Online
1 April 2021
The first-ever dedicated weanling only session will see 130 quality youngsters head through the sale ring in one convenient location at the Karaka Sales Centre held on Monday 3 May.
A strong contingent of 15 proven and emerging sires are represented, including the likes of Always B Miki (USA), Art Major (USA), Bettor’s Delight (USA), Downbytheseaside (USA), Majestic Son (CAN), Sweet Lou (USA), Vincent (AUS) and What The Hill (CAN) just to name a few.
This year’s catalogue also features progeny from exciting stallion prospect Ultimate Machete (USA). Standing at Alabar, the four-time Group One-winning son of Bettor’s Delight was crowned New Zealand’s Three-Year-Old and Four-Year-Old Male Pacer of the Year and set three New Zealand records throughout his career.
Beaming with pinhooking and investment potential, the 2021 catalogue is littered with siblings to stakes winners and progeny of stakes-winning dams.
Some of the standout bloodlines include:
- Lot 8, a Bettor’s Delight filly out of Christian Cullen mare Queen Camille (NZ) offered on account of Woodlands Stud. She is a full sister to multiple Group-winning Henry Hubert (NZ), winner of the Group Two Christchurch Superstars Pace (1980m) and the Group Three Northern Southland Cup (2700m).
- Lot 19 is an Always B Miki filly consigned by Alabar Farms. She is out of Sheza Monkee (NZ) (Sands A Flyin), who is a full sister to nine-time Group One winner Monkey King (NZ).
- Offered by Woodlands Stud, Lot 24 is a What The Hill filly out of Spur To Action (NZ) (Pegasus Spur). Her dam is a full sister to superstar trotter and multiple Group One winner Speeding Spur (NZ).
- Lot 105 is a colt by Sweet Lou out of Kamwood Elsie (NZ) (Falcon Seelster) consigned by Woodlands Stud. He is a half-brother to Group One Harness Jewels Four-Year-Old Diamond (1609m) winner Lancewood Lizzie (NZ) (Bettor’s Delight).
- Lot 126 is a filly from the first crop by Ultimate Machete out of Motu Racy Girl (NZ) (In The Pocket). Offered on account of Alabar, she is a full sister to Group One placed Vanquished (NZ) (Bettor’s Delight).
All weanlings purchased at the 2021 National Weanling Sale at Karaka are eligible to be nominated for NZB Standardbred’s lucrative Harness Million Sales Race Series. The Series consists of principal two-year-old and three-year-old races for colts and geldings, fillies and trotters individually, where NZB Standardbred graduates can contest for their share in a one million dollar prizepool.
Weanlings will be available for inspections on farm and on-site, with NZB agents available to inspect on behalf. Phone and online bidding is another welcomed option for buyers who are unable to physically attend the Sale.
For more information about the Sale contact Bloodstock Representative Cam Bray by calling +64 21 737 199 or email [email protected].
View the full 2021 National Weanling Sale catalogue online here.